“And He said to them, ‘Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.’”
For over thirty-five years the South Beach Presbyterian church has been offering use of its facilities for retreat and camping groups. We are located just off the beach, surrounded by two State Parks. In the best sense of the word, it is a quiet and “deserted place to rest a while.”
The South Beach Community is recognized as one of the most attractive holiday spots on the Pacific Coast of Washington State. There are an endless variety of outdoor activities including: seasonal whale watching, lighthouse tours, surfing, crabbing and fishing, kite flying, and a pleasant boardwalk with many quaint shops. There is also an abundance of interesting sights for the photographer, artist, or casual observer.
We welcome groups who are using our church facility during the weekend to join our church family as we gather for Sunday worship.
WARNING: Enjoy our beaches but beware of the dangers in swimming there. Logs drift onshore and lay nearly unseen the surf and the tides can be very strong. Use extreme care when tunneling in the sand.
For Your Use and Enjoyment
- Surrounded by the Twin Harbors State Park, we have seven acres on the ocean beach
- Space for self-contained trailers/RV’s and tents
- WIFI internet connection
- New Picnic Tables
- Beach trail
- Ocean beach exploring
- Large multipurpose room for meetings
- Four large carpeted classrooms for sleeping.
- Kitchen facility including a commercial range and oven; pots and pans
- Restrooms with showers
- Tables and chairs
Items Your Group Should Bring
- Sleeping bags, bed roll, air mattresses
- Camping supplies
- Food (including paper plates, cups, plastic eating utensils, etc.)
Day Use Information
The Central Washington Coast
- Enjoy walking and praying along the central coast
- Hunt for shells, sand dollars, agates, moonstones, and other “treasures”
- Spend a day (or a half-day) ocean fishing for rock fish, ling cod or salmon
- Enjoy shopping and walking along the renovated Westport harbor
Prices and Reservations
- Per person per night………………………………………………………………………$10.00
- Dry camping per trailer/RV or tent per night……………………………………$8.00
- A Deposit of $100.00 is required to hold your reservation. It will be refunded to you approximately two to three weeks after your stay if the church is left clean and no damage is found. A full refund will be sent back to you if we are informed of your cancellation at least three weeks in advance
Reservations and Information
For more information, contact our Retreats Coordinator using the contact form below.
When you are ready, download our Retreat Application Form and return it to:
South Beach Presbyterian Church
ATTN: Retreat Ministry
PO Box 2677
Westport, WA 98595